LAW offices


Divorce Lawyer Allen Park

allen park - Northville - Trenton - STERLING HTS



DISCLAIMER: The information on this website of Nichols & Eberth, PC Law Offices is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended as professional legal advice. All client's legal situations differ and a personal legal consultation and assessment is unique from one client to another. We are not responsible to update information in real time. Check back for periodical updates on content information on this website.

CONTACT (313) 561-5700

Personal Injury/Slip & Fall - Michigan Law

What Is Personal Injury Law?

Personal injury law covers cases involving almost any wrong done to you by someone else that results in a physical or mental injury to you. The person who did the wrong to you can be acting on purpose or simply in a careless or reckless manner. Many personal injury cases involve automobile accidents. However, there are many other kinds of personal injury cases such as slip and fall, dog bites, medical or dental malpractice, and slander or libel.

What Should I Do If I Am Injured?

If you believe that your injury may have been caused by the carelessness or intentional act of another, then please call Nichols & Eberth, P.C., for a consultation. In the meantime, you should avoid discussing the matter with any persons who you do not know; in particular, anyone associated with the person or the business who may have caused your injury, including their attorney, investigator or insurance company. You can discuss the matter with your own treating physicians and if contacted, the police. It is advisable to make contact with Nichols & Eberth, P.C., as soon as possible, so that you can make sure that you are given proper legal advice on how to further proceed.

How Much Do I Pay in Attorney Fees?

Attorney fees in personal injury cases are paid as a percentage out of the amount of the settlement or award that is recovered in the matter. By law, they can never exceed 1/3 of the settlement or award. If there is no settlement or award, there are no attorney fees to be paid. You will, however, have to pay for any out-of-pocket costs incurred by your attorney in representing you in the case. At Nichols & Eberth, P.C., we will discuss the attorney fee arrangement with you at the very first meeting and we will provide you with a written contract so that you will know the percentage that we will receive if you recover.


WAYNE COUNTY                         OAKLAND COUNTY                         MACOMB COUNTY

Call for a free legal expert consultation